Thursday, June 12, 2008

Do You Smell Egg Salad?

Well, I am probably going to get killed for this but I just have to "break the ice". My family (extended family included) finds humor in the oddest things. The two things they find the funniest are when someone hurts themselves but are okay and when someone passes gas. I find the latter more funny. We have just wrapped up a family BBQ for Angie and Joey's father (Father's Day gift) and one of the funniest things of the night was Joey having stomach pains. It smelt like his stomach was hurting anyway! From eating so much food , I am surprised he didn't 'shart' on himself!

I'm not hanging Joey out to dry, so to speak, as I can hang with the best, or worst, of them. I can remember, not long after Angie and I got married, Joey introduced me to 'cooping'. For those of you who don't know what that is, let's see if I can explain it. You poot in your hand, close your hand in a fist, then throw it at someone close by. I am here to tell you, if done right, it works REALLY well.

To me, passing gas is one of the funniest things that God created. Maybe the act of actually passing gas is what's funny, but how people react to it. Everyone does it, EVERYONE, but no one wants to acknowledge it. In the immortal words of Dr. Phil...'Own it!' So in the spirit of things, I want to create a list of the many ways we label a fart and would love people to chime in! Here it goes...

  1. Fart
  2. Pass Gas
  3. Flatulate
  4. Floating an Air Biscuit...

I am also adding a couple of my favorite video clips on the subject.



5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ok, so my dad and I just sat here and read this thing and laughed hysterically. My dad, my brother, and I share a unique obsession with all things related to this topic, so we appreciated it. Thanks for the laugh! Two other things: 1. Joey will probably kill you. 2. If you or anyone associated with your family ever "coop" me, I'll kill you!

angier said...

Honey, must we tell all of our family secrets??

joeyg said...

you are goin down

Gabby said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya'll are nuts!!!

angier said...

you've been tagged. check out my blog for the deets.